We would like to introduce the promotional videos from the Journal of East Asian Studies (JEAS), an English-language journal published by the East Asia Institute (EAI). Editor Stephan Haggard, a Professor at the University of California, San Diego(UCSD), has selected articles from current issues, articles in First View and pieces that are worth reading again. The following six articles are a selection of JEAS Editor's Picks for the September issue. We ask for your continued support and interest for the next month’s JEAS Editor’s Pick in October.
1. SOCIAL NETWORKS AS A POLITICAL RESOURCE: REVISITING THE KOREAN DEMOCRATIC TRANSITION [View Article]
2. EXCHANGE: EXPLAINING THE PASSAGE OF UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE IN THAILAND [View Article]
3. AMERICA'S ROLE IN THE MAKING OF JAPAN'S ECONOMIC MIRACLE [View Article]
4. CHINA’S MEDIA CENSORSHIP: A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSIFIED REGIME [View Article]
5. DO ASIAN VALUES EXIST? EMPIRICAL TESTS OF THE FOUR DIMENSIONS OF ASIAN VALUES [View Article]
6. PARTY CARTELIZATION, INDONESIAN-STYLE: PRESIDENTIAL POWER-SHARING AND THE CONTINGENCY OF DEMOCRATIC OPPOSITION [View Article]