We would like to introduce the promotional videos from the Journal of East Asian Studies (JEAS), an English-language journal published by the East Asia Institute (EAI). Editor Stephan Haggard, a Professor at the University of California, San Diego(UCSD), has selected articles from current issues, articles in First View and pieces that are worth reading again. The following six articles are a selection of JEAS Editor's Picks for the August issue. We ask for your continued support and interest for the next month’s JEAS Editor’s Pick in September.
1. INTERPERSONAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN LABOR UNIONS: THE CASE OF SOUTH KOREA [View Article]
2. PARTY COMPETITION AND IDEOLOGY IN HONG KONG: A NEW MANIFESTO CODING DATASET [View Article]
3. THE IMPACT OF MUNICIPAL MERGERS ON LOCAL PUBLIC SPENDING: EVIDENCE FROM REMOTE-SENSING DATA [View Article]
4. THE EFFECTS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY ON PUBLIC ATTITUDES: EVIDENCE FROM THE CHINESE-SPEAKING WORLD [View Article]
5. SINGLE-PARTY INCUMBENCY ADVANTAGE IN VIETNAM: A CONJOINT SURVEY ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC ELECTORAL SUPPORT [View Article]
6. LOSS AVERSION AND RISK-SEEKING IN KOREA–JAPAN RELATIONS [View Article]