We would like to introduce the promotional videos from the Journal of East Asian Studies (JEAS), an English-language journal published by the East Asia Institute (EAI). Editor Stephan Haggard, a Professor at the University of California, San Diego(UCSD), has selected articles from current issues, articles in First View and pieces that are worth reading again. The following six articles are a selection of JEAS Editor's Picks for the July issue. We ask for your continued support and interest for the next month’s JEAS Editor’s Pick in August.
1. A NEW PENAL POPULISM? RODRIGO DUTERTE, PUBLIC OPINION, AND THE WAR ON DRUGS IN THE PHILIPPINES [View Article]
2. EXPLAINING ELECTIONS IN SINGAPORE: DOMINANT PARTY RESILIENCE AND VALENCE POLITICS [View Article]
3. MISSILE DEFENSES AND STRATEGIC STABILITY IN ASIA: EVIDENCE FROM SIMULATIONS [View Article]
4. AMERICAN DIPLOMACY AND EXPORT-ORIENTED INDUSTRIALIZATION ON TAIWAN [View Article]
5. DECLINING LEGISLATIVE DISSENT IN CHINA: EVIDENCE FROM NATIONAL AND PROVINCIAL PARTY CONGRESS ELECTIONS [View Article]
6. DENIAL OF HISTORY? YASUKUNI VISITS AS SIGNALING [View Article]